GIS Enrollment and Withdrawal Terms
Withdrawal from School & Deposit
Is your child leaving GIS during or at the end of an academic term? Please ensure that a written notice of withdrawal is received by the School on or before the first day of the same academic term. The notice is not deemed to be given until it has been received, and acknowledged by the Admissions Office. A Withdrawal form is also available at the Admissions Office. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the written notice will be shared by the Admissions Office to the section of the school your child is in. Any specific requests regarding reports must be addressed by parents to the relevant school section directly. Do ensure that school owned books and equipment are returned, and that fees owing to the school are paid in full. If you are aware that you will be leaving, but do not yet know the official date, please contact the Admissions Office iimmediately.
The following are the Terms & Conditions regarding Withdrawal from School and Deposit
1. A Parent may withdraw the child from the School by giving to the School ONE (1) full academic term’s notice, failing which the deposit SHALL be forfeited in full. The said notice shall set
out the date of such withdrawal (“Withdrawal Date”), failing which the same shall be deemed as insufficient notice. For avoidance of doubt, please note that the notice of withdrawal must
straddle ONE (1) FULL ACADEMIC TERM to be considered “sufficient firm notice”.
2. In amplification hereof the following are illustrations of what constitute insufficient notice –
▪ if it is intended that the child will leave the School during or at the end of an academic term, notice of withdrawal must be received by the School not later than the first day of the same academic term, failing which the deposit shall be forfeited;
▪ if the child is withdrawn from the School prior to the withdrawal notice
3. Provisional or conditional notice of withdrawal is not accepted. If the child is not withdrawn from the School on the Withdrawal Date, a fresh notice of withdrawal of not less than ONE (1) full academic term must be received by the School. The provisions of clause 4.3 will apply in the case of a prolonged absence of the child from the School.
4. The Parent agree and consent that the deposit SHALL be forfeited in full, notwithstanding such monies are paid by parent or third party sponsor, in the event insufficient notice, provisional or conditional notice of withdrawal is given. Parent agrees and consents to indemnify the School for any such incidental loss or damage.
5. All deposits paid shall under no circumstances be treated as payment of tuition fees or any part thereof or any other payments required to be paid and may not be used to set-off any amount due and payable by the Parent.
6. The Parent shall pay such additional monies as are necessary to top up the deposit to maintain its equivalence to one term’s tuition fee on or before the commencement of the relevant academic term.
7. All monies refundable under the conditions hereof shall be refunded free of interest and must be claimed by the Parent within one (1) year from the date the child ceases to be a Student of the School, failing which the Parent consents and authorises the School to immediately transfer the said monies into the School Improvement Fund, whereupon the Parent shall have no claim in respect of such monies thereafter. The School shall be entitled to utilise such monies in the School Improvement Fund as the School deems fit.
8. Where a Student has been withdrawn from the School and applies for re-admission, no registration fee will be payable if the Student is re-admitted (subject to availability of a place) within three (3) academic years from the date the child left the School. The Application Fee, Tuition Fee, Deposit and other fees payable, all at the then prevailing rate, are required to be paid prior to such re-admission.
9. At the point of withdrawal, the Student must also be a registered school going student at the School. In the event the Student has a long-term absence of 30 consecutive days or more without informing the School in writing, the Student shall be deemed automatically to have withdrawn from the School and condition (clause 5.1) above shall apply.
10. In the event the Student requests for a leave of absence in writing, the School reserves the right to take this request into consideration subject to full term fee and deposit (top up deposit when applicable) are paid. The term fee and security deposit will not be refunded if the Student does not attend school after the period of “leave of absence”.
11. The Security Deposit and all fees paid upon confirmation of enrolment will not be refunded or shall not be transferable, if, after being confirmed a place the Student does not attend school thereafter. This security deposit shall be forfeited if the place is not taken up.
Click HERE for the Terms and Conditions Governing Enrolment and Admission